Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ELLA's Teddy Program



I was of one the "lucky" ones...
Compared to others in my situation...

You see, I was "fortunate"...
For the fact that because Ella lived...
Almost 8 months...
I did not go home empty-handed...

Although I did go home an orphaned mom...

I was "fortunate" enough...
To have almost 8 months...
Of teddy bears...
Clothes...
Books...
Pictures..
Videos...
Music...
And other toys...

Which when panic strikes...
Keep me for going insane...

I have a little bit of Ella's life...
With me...
In my heart...
In her room...
All over my house...

But not everyone has this "chance"...
And so, when I heard...
Of this program existing in Australia...
I knew I what I had to do...

It is a simple gesture...
A teddy bear...
The basic and yet ultimate...
Newborn's gift...

Almost everyone receives...
At least one as a gift...
When a child is born...
Or even before the miracle of life...
Begins...

Ella did...
Flocon Flake...
A cuddly polar bear teddy...
From her auntie A...

And as a child earn his or hers wings...
Whether at home...
In a hospital neonatal unit...
In a hospice...

Whether that child is...
2 minutes old..
3 weeks old...
6 years old...
Or 18 years old...

As a parent is left orphaned...
The comfort of a teddy bear...

A King Louie monkey...
A pink Hungry For Love hippo....
Or an ICU The Cat stuffie...

Is all you need...

To get you through THE moment...

The moment where the ground...
Opens up from under your feet...

The moment that panic sets in...
At the abberation of your loss...

The moment that you...
Once again realize...

That this IS it...

ELLA's Teddy Program...
Is just that...

A way to pay it forward...
Another mean to help myself...

By getting someone else as well...
Through THE moment...

Because I am "fortunate"...

And because I know...
How a teddy bear...
And a piece of my angel...
Gets me through my days...

And my nights...

Long live ELLA's teddy program...
Long live the memory of Ella...
And every other angel...
Being honoured...

As new teddy bears...
And carefully chosen small angel ornaments...
Will be offerred...
To bereaved parents...
On their behalf...

ELLA - Everyone Loves Little Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment