Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gratitude on August 1st, 2010


Someone who recently came into my life...
Told me today...
You cannot have gratitude without grief...
And you cannot experience grief without gratitude...

I could not agree more...

Today...
Just like yesterday...
I am grateful...

I am grateful for many...
Many people...
Many moments...
Many memories...

I am grateful for one...
One angel...
One love...
One life...

Today, and everyday, I do...
Count my blessings...
And express...
My gratitude...

But not until today...
Did I make it this public...

And so it goes...

Today I am grateful for the sun...
The warmth...
The peace I felt...
After a good cry...
By my daughter's grave...

Today I am grateful...
For my mom...
And my dad...
For my sister...
My brother...
Their spouses...
And chidlren...

Today I am grateful...
To have held a sweet baby boy...
Heard him laugh...
Seen him play...

Today I am grateful...
For friends who know...
Just how to lend an ear...
And bring back my waivering faith...
To show me that I am strong...

Today I am grateful...
Fo strangers who show support...
By joining in a cause...
And paying it forward...

Today, I am grateful for my amazing friend Yvonne...
And her husband Bart Bridge...
And for Wanda and Ivan Ravnic...
For Deborah Power-Demille...
And Francesca Benedetti...
And Deby Gulleckson...
And for Arlene and Dwaine Bridge...
All of whom kindly donated in memory of Ella...

Today, I am grateful...
For Nikki, on the other side of the world...
Who's encouraging words always...
Lift me up...

Today, I am grateful for Helene and the crew at Yogacara...
For Simone and the team at Solarice Spa...
Both of whom are offering their services...
To raise funds for BC Children's Hospital...

I am grateful for my friend Jennifer Terzi in Ottawa...
and for my friend Marie-Paule Dupont in Gatineau...
Who not only support me from afar...
But generously donate in memory of my girl...

Today I am grateful...
For so many wonderful people...
Who give me the strength...
To see another day...


ELLA - Everyone Loves Little Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment